York Region is opening a COVID-19 vaccination drive-thru clinic at Canada’s Wonderland on March 29.
Located at 1 Canada’s Wonderland Drive in the City of Vaughan, this new drive-thru clinic location will provide easy and efficient access to the vaccine; immunizing approximately 1,600 people per day when fully operational.
This clinic format provides another option for residents who have mobility constraints to receive a vaccine from the comfort of a vehicle.
Starting March 26, a limited number of appointments will be available for a COVID-19 vaccination by visiting york.ca/COVID19Vaccine
York Region Public Health is working with our local health care partners to provide COVID-19 vaccines for the following eligible priority groups:
- York Region residents 70 years of age and older (born in 1951 or earlier).
- Highest, Very High and High Priority Health Care Workers who live OR work in York Region.
- Staff, essential caregivers and any residents not yet received a first dose in long-term care homes, high-risk retirement homes and First Nations elder care homes.
- Alternative level of care patients in hospitals who have a confirmed admission to a long-term care home, retirement home or other congregate care home for seniors.
- Staff, residents and caregivers in retirement homes and other congregate care settings for seniors.
- Indigenous adults and adult members of their households.
- Adults with a chronic condition receiving home care services and who live in York Region (appropriate documentation will be required).
- Faith leaders who live or work in York Region AND provide end-of-life care, care of the deceased, care of those who are unwell or provides pastoral services in vulnerable settings.
Visit York.ca/COVID19Vaccine for a list of specific clinic details.
Appointments are required. Drive-up appointments are not available. Do not visit a vaccination clinic without an appointment – you will be turned away.
Each eligible individual can book their first COVID-19 vaccination appointment online; telephone support is available and is listed under the applicable clinic.
In partnership with our hospital and paramedic services partners, York Region Public Health is working to ensure all eligible and vulnerable residents who cannot attend a clinic receive a COVID-19 vaccine. York Region mobile teams have begun to vaccinate homebound individuals; however, some may also find this drive-thru clinic a good option.
The drive-thru clinic allows the Region to continue to support eligible residents in receiving a vaccine identified in the Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan.
As vaccine supply increases, residents are encouraged to check back often for appointments that may become available. York Region will continue to publicly communicate new online booking opportunities through multiple communication channels, including york.ca, social media and media partners.
To ensure all appointments are available to those who are eligible, residents are being asked to book only one appointment per person and cancel any appointments they do not intend to use.
To learn more about what to expect at the COVID-19 vaccination drive-thru clinic, visit york.ca/newsroom.