York Region is continuing to deliver COVID-19 vaccines to eligible residents as identified in Phase 2 of the Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan.
Starting April 27 at 8:30 a.m., pregnant individuals and residents 35+ in the L4H postal code will also be eligible to book an appointment for their COVID-19 vaccination, by visiting york.ca/COVID19Vaccine
COVID-19 vaccines are available to the following:
- York Region residents age 35+ and older who live in the following identified high priority communities in York Region (City of Vaughan postal codes: L4H, L4L, L6A, L4K, L4J; City of Markham postal code: L3S)
- Individuals (and one of their caregivers) with highest and high risk health conditions as identified in Ontario’s COVID-19 Vaccination Plan, which now includes pregnant individuals
- All York Region residents age 60+ (born in 1961 or earlier)
- Special education staff who live or work in York Region
- Highest, very high and high priority health care workers as identified in the Ministry of Health’s guidance on Health Care Work Prioritization who work or live in York Region
- Staff, essential caregivers and any residents that have not yet received a first dose in long-term care homes, retirement homes and First Nations elder care homes
- Alternative level of care patients in hospitals who have a confirmed admission to a long-term care home, retirement home or other congregate care home for seniors
- Staff, residents and caregivers in retirement homes and other congregate care settings for seniors
- Indigenous adults and members of their households
- Adults receiving home care services and who live in York Region (appropriate documentation will be required)
- Faith leaders who live or work in York Region and provide end of life care, care of the deceased, care of those who are unwell or provides pastoral services in vulnerable settings
- Pregnant individuals are now eligible
Approximately 25,000 vaccination appointments will be released for these eligible groups. York Region continues experiencing a limited vaccine supply. York Region will offer additional appointments as vaccine becomes available.
Appointments are required. walk-in appointments are not available. Do not visit a vaccination clinic without an appointment – you will be turned away.
A colour-coded system has been applied to the york.ca/COVID19Vaccine page to help residents easily identify which clinics may have available appointments:
- Red: Appointments Fully Booked
- Orange: Limited Availability
- Green: Now Booking
York Region Public Health is working with local health care partners to provide COVID-19 vaccines for eligible priority group at various locations across York Region. Eligibility, clinic dates and times vary for each location. Visit york.ca/COVID19Vaccine for specific clinic details.
Eligible individuals can book their first COVID-19 vaccination appointment online; telephone support is available and is listed under the applicable clinic.
As a result of no-shows and/or cancelled appointments, additional vaccine supply may become available and a small number of appointments may appear through the online booking systems. Residents are encouraged to check back often for appointments that may become available.
York Region will continue to publicly communicate new online booking opportunities through multiple communication channels, including york.ca, social media, local community partners and the media.
To ensure all appointments are available to those who are eligible, we encourage residents to book only one appointment per person and cancel any appointments they do not intend to use.