Members of York Regional Police continue to welcome food and toy donations to the Holiday Heroes campaign.
This is the 26th year the Holiday Heroes campaign has collected food, new unwrapped toys, new children’s clothing, gift cards or monetary donations to support those less fortunate this holiday season. The generosity of our community plays a huge role in the success of the month-long campaign.
Members of the public can participate by dropping off donations at any York Regional Police facility until December 16:
- #1 District Headquarters – 429 Harry Walker Parkway South, Newmarket
- #2 District Headquarters – 171 Major Mackenzie Drive West, Richmond Hill
- #3 District Headquarters – 3527 Baseline Road, Sutton
- #4 District Headquarters – 2700 Rutherford Road, Vaughan
- #5 District Headquarters – 8700 McCowan Road, Markham
- York Regional Police Headquarters – 47 Don Hillock Drive, Aurora; between 8 m. and 4 p.m.
The Holiday Heroes Food Drive takes place on Nov. 26 at the T&T Supermarket located at 9255 Woodbine Avenue (north side of 16th Ave). Food donations will be accepted from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Events are also taking place around the region on November 26 and 27 at various Canadian Tire locations, including on Nov. 26 in Vaughan at 3850 Highway 7 and in Newmarket at 17750 Yonge Street, and on Nov. 27 in Aurora at 15400 Bayview Avenue and in Vaughan at 3850 Highway 7.
YRP is also accepting online donations at yrp.ca/hhdonate. Financial donations are used to buy groceries and other items that are desperately needed but are not commonly donated during the drive, such as winter clothing, diapers and formula. The best part about the campaign is that 100 per cent of donations go directly back to those in need here in York Region.
Collaborative efforts with the community, along with generous corporate partners, means YRP can provide holiday cheer to thousands of people who have registered for assistance through local Salvation Army programs and Victim Services of York Region.